This Christmas we’re open for individual table bookings for just 2 evenings for our special Christmas menu. So book your table from 6.30pm (last bookings 8.30pm) for:
Tuesday 12 December
Wednesday 13 December
On these open evenings you can make your menu selection on the night for tables of 8 or fewer. For all larger bookings we will be taking pre-orders.
Our usual house wines, ciders and beers will be available as well as or full range of coffees and teas. Alternatively, on these two evenings only you’re welcome to BYO wine and we won’t charge corkage.
Christmas dinner menu 2017
Featuring recipes from Bill’s new book ‘Bill’s Kitchen’
Price includes a selection of our own breads
Vegan/gf options available on request
Starters – £6
Served with a choice of our own breads
- Parsnip, cheddar and rosemary soup
- Beetroot and Wobbly Bottom goat’s cheese terrine, mixed leaves
- Chapel and Swan smoked salmon, dill crème fraiche, salad leaves
- Bresaola with mixed leaves and cornichons
- Bruschetta, slow roast tomatoes, baba ganoush
Main courses – £12.50
- Slow roast pork belly, crackling, cider jus.
- Overnight braised brisket of beef, red wine gravy
- Roast free range stuffed turkey breast wrapped in bacon, madeira gravy
- Three mushroom tartlet, cep sauce
All served with roast potatoes, sautéed sprouts and chestnuts, orange and thyme carrots
- Pan-fried sea bass, lemon and caper dressing, sautéed potatoes, mixed leaves
Puddings – £5
- Christmas pudding & brandy butter
- spiced cranberry custard pot, lemon shortbread
- Chocolate and stout cake with chocolate sauce
- Passion fruit bavarois passion fruit sauce
- Lemon tart with crème fraiche
Book the whole café for a larger Christmas parties
We’ll be delighted to open on any evening in November or December for larger parties who would like to hire the whole café for a Christmas dinner.
For more information on booking your private Christmas dinner at Michaelhouse visit the private parties section.
If you’re booking the whole café for a big party you’ll need to select two choices at each course from the Christmas menu and then give us a pre-order.
To find out more, contact the café manager on 01223 309147 or firstname.lastname@example.org